Stories

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Lizzy Cormen Series

Chapter 2
There was a high shriek, a playful bark, and a loud BANG!
“Ouch! My arm!” Ems shouted. Lizzy knew that Sadie’s introduction to the family had not been a success. As Collin ran upstairs to see what was happening, Mom came inside and was as confused as Lizzy.
“We got a dog?” Collin asked. “Cool! What’s his name?”
“By the way, it is a her not a him. And her name is Sadie,” Lizzy answered.
“Lizzy, what in the world is going on here?” Mom asked while biting her lip. When she was biting her lip, it meant to things: either she was trying not to laugh, or she was really mad. Lizzy was guessing it was the second reason. Lizzy’s mom, Megan Cormen, was a reasonably attractive woman. She was tall, and had blonde hair that fell above her shoulders. Lizzy also got her popping green eyes from her mother.
“She’s a rescued dog from the shelter down the street,” Lizzy replied, “I played with her and the owner, Jacqueline, told me I was god with animals and offered me a job. Then, she let Sadie come home with me for a night to see if we wanted to adopt.” Actually, she was asked to be a foster family, but Lizzy thought it best to try adopt and then compromise for foster,
“Adopt! You must have had a very busy afternoon,” Mom stated.
“Well,” Lizzy started to say as Ems interrupted her.
“Hello-o? Girl with a throbbing black and blue arm here. Anyone wanna help?” Ems said with a slight attitude.
“Oh Sweetie!” Mom said, “Let me see that arm. What happened?” Mom sympathetically said.
“Well, that devil-dog barged into my room and jumped on me!”
“It wasn’t her fault,” Lizzy said defensively, “She was just a little excited.”
“Well, thats an understatement,” Ems mumbled.
“Okay, Ems. I’ll see if we can find a doctor,” Mom said, “And Lizzy, watch the dog and we’ll talk when we get back.”
“Can I take the dog outside to play?” Collin asked. Lizzy had forgotten that he was even standing there (which, by the way, did not happen very often.)
“No!” Lizzy and Mom said in unison.
“Okay, okay! It was just a question.” Mom left to call a doctor to set up an appointment and she and Ems left for the doctor.




When they got back, Lizzy found out that Ems did break her left arm.  Luckily, she was right-handed. She kept complaining on how her pink cast would clash with her red and white back pack. Lizzy felt like telling her to shut up but she didn’t out of a hint of sympathy. Then, he herd some one enter in the garage door. 
She heard her dad say, “Megan, what happened? Why is there a cast on Emily and, wait, is that a dog?” As mom patiently explained everything to her dad, Lizzy and Collin quietly played with Sadie in the living room. Oh, I hope they will let me keep Sadie.
“Lizzy!” Mom called, “Come here please.”
Here it comes. Lizzy thought. Building up her confidence, she walked into the kitchen. Her Mom and Dad stood there with an unreadable expression on their faces. 
“Honey,” Dad said, “We’ve come to a decision.” He waited a moment before he continued. Lizzy thought he was trying to torture her. “You can keep Sadie. The last four words of that sentence made Lizzy happier than ever.
“Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I love you guys. You are the best…” Lizzy exclaimed right as she was interrupted by her mother.”
“Woah girl! Hold it! You didn’t let us finish,” Mom said, “You have full responsibility of Sadie. You do everything except pay for food, the vet, and other things like that. 
“I can live with that,” Lizzy answered, trying not to sound too excited.
“Oh, your sister is still pretty upset. You need to apologize and replace anything Sadie broke,” Dad said.
“Yes sir,” Lizzy said. Great, this is worse than having poop scooper job for Sadie.  As she walked up to her sisters room, Collin approached her with Sadie on a leash by him. 
“What did they say? Can you keep her? Did you get in trouble?” Collin asked.
“Yes, I can keep her and no, I didn’t get in trouble,” Lizzy replied.
“Awesome! Can I pay fetch with her or teach her how to barf on command?”
“No! You are SO gross!” Lizzy exclaimed. “And I don’t want you to play fetch with her right now. I don’t want any more trouble.
“Fine,” Collin said. He went outside anyway. Well, at least I got him out of my hair. When she reached her sister’s room she heard nothing. No phone. No obnoxious music. No anything. This is not good.

3 comments:

Stories for gals said...

Okay, ya'll. Here is chapter 2 of my book! PLEASE COMMENT!!

Lane said...

I like it! keep it going girl!

Author-Sarah said...

thanks